It’s easier than you think. Just to be safe, we bring expert knowledge of standard sizes and proportions to every conversation. PLEASE ANTICIPATE A 4+ MONTH LEAD TIME FROM DEPOSIT TO DELIVERY OF OUR FURNITURE – WE ARE VERY BUSY.
DESIGN: Start with any of our classic designs, and choose a wood species, and size. Then, choose from options specific to your type of piece, from tabletop thickness to headboard height. Example: Popular options include the rail-style footboard, 24″ table expansion leaf and inlaid turquoise.
- PRICING: Quotes are complimentary and determined by wood species, size and configuration. Remember that because we offer our work directly, the maximum portion of your furniture purchase goes into the end product. Example: Raw Beetlekill Pine lumber is far less costly than Black Walnut, and adding a drawer is more complex than an extra inch of height.
- ORDERING & LEAD TIME: A half deposit begins the building process, and orders are created in a first-come-first-served basis. Lead time is currently 4+ months to delivery.* Download our full appendix of terms and conditions here. Example: Often, new clients will receive CAD sketches of their new furniture to scale after a deposit but before we start making sawdust.
DESIGN: The skill and flexibility within our shop opens the door to original, innovative and artistic ideas. Bring a drawing or photo, send a link, or literally design your own furniture. As long as wood can do it, we can do it.
- PRICING, ORDERING & LEAD TIME: Like Made-to-Order pieces, custom furniture pricing is determined by wood species and design. For custom pieces, allow 2 weeks for quotes and an open-ended lead time.* This is where the “Arts” in “Boulder Furniture Arts” really comes out to play.
- Delivery and setup is handled by builders and finishers – you’ll meet some of the people who made your new furniture come to life. Enjoy! Your pieces could be among few antiques from our time.
* Our workshop is comprised of a very small group of classically trained craftsmen and women with the tools, experience and passion to create the finest furniture our tradition will allow. The process includes drawing and 3D modeling, creating cut-lists and patterns, selecting boards and slabs, milling, assembly, fine sanding and finally application of our hand-rubbed oil finish. Lead time is a necessary part of what makes this process so effective.